Building a mens face care routine can be difficult if you don’t know where to start so, today I am gonna show you 7 great ways to master the art of your face care and actually build a routine!
7 Excellent Mens Face Care Routine That Works!
7 Excellent Mens Face Care Routine That Works!For many men, skincare has barely been seen in their lives.
Taking care of your skin helps you in your to personal appearance and your confidence. If cleansing and moisturizing sound more like mystifying arcane arts than something you should be doing every day, then this post is here to convince you to think again.
Before you get started with your mens skin care routine it’s good to know your skin type.
Determine Your Skin Type?
By now you should know that your skin is unique, so what you put on it should cater to its uniqueness.
Finding the right skincare products and knowing how to use them begins with knowing your skin’s needs. Let’s get into the skin types:
- Dry Skin: This one’s pretty self-explanatory. If you have dry, flaky skin that’s prone to itchiness, and a face that feels like it might crack when you smile too hard, you likely have dry skin.
- Oily Skin: Again, pretty easy to recognize — oily skin is characterized by large, visible pores, a shiny and greasy face, and acne breakouts.
- Normal Skin: It’s what we all wish we had — skin that’s neither too dry nor too oily. Your pores are small or invisible, and you’re not prone to many skin problems at all.
- Combination Skin: Most folks fall into this bucket. If you have combination skin, some areas — the T-zone in particular — are more prone to oiliness and pimples. Other areas may flake and itch, particularly when the weather is dry and cold.
- Sensitive Skin: You can have oily, dry, or combination skin and sensitivity. People with sensitive skin may have reactions to harsh products, even breaking out in rashes, itchiness or bumps when using something with harsh cleansers or perfumes.
Right now your skin type might not be the same as when you were a little boy so that’s why your skin’s needs can change from season to season.
When you understand how your skin behaves in its natural state right now will help you choose the products to keep it healthy now and long into the future.
1. Exfoliate your skin
The first thing to do is, exfoliation, serves to remove dead skin cells, dirt, and sebum from the skin. The deep clean an exfoliating product offers also penetrates into the pores and unblocks deep lying impurities, stopping the blockages that contribute to problems like cystic spots and blackheads. For this reason, it is absolutely crucial to maintaining skin health and preventing breakouts.
If you have sensitive skin which is easily irritated, using a chemical exfoliant rather than a scrub may be preferable for you. With a chemical exfoliant, massage into the skin in the shower or when washing your face and leave to absorb for 30 seconds before washing off. With a scrub, massage continually for approximately 30 seconds, focusing on problem areas, before washing away.
For most, exfoliating 2-3 times per week is ideal, but if your skin type is oily (read more about skin type if you’re lost at this point) then you may benefit from exfoliating more frequently.
2. Cleanse your skin
Cleansing is the most important daily maintenance step in your skincare routine. Throughout the day, your skin is exposed to dirt, bacteria, and environmental impurities, as well as producing sebum which builds upon the surface. Cleansing removes this, helping to prevent breakouts and clogged pores.
Apply cleanser to damp skin first thing in the morning or after exfoliating, massage in, and wash away. The whole process should take no more than 30 seconds.
3. Apply a good Serum
Typically lightweight and unobtrusive, serums are a small addition to a skincare routine which goes an extremely long way. Designed to deliver intense benefits even in low doses, applying between cleansing and moisturizing regularly will produce noticeable anti-aging and anti-blemish effects.
Use between 1 and 3 drops and apply a light coverage to your whole face.
4. Moisturize your skin (super important)
Moisturizing restores hydration to the skin, firming it, as well as replacing nutrients and moisture lost during the process of cleansing and exfoliating.
As well as this, moisturizer forms a protective barrier over the skin, which helps to prevent dirt from clogging the pores, and guards against the bacteria responsible for outbreaks.
How much moisturizer you should use depends on the season and your skin type.
If your skin is naturally oilier, you should use a small amount, making sure to work into the skin evenly. Using too much may exacerbate oiliness and breakouts. If your skin is drier naturally, you should use enough to ensure your skin feels thoroughly hydrated to the touch.
For all skin types, you can increase the amount you use during the colder months, as low temperatures slow the production of sebum, the natural oils produced by the skin.
5. SPF & SPF Moisturiser can be needed
Many think that SPF is something to take on holiday (I still think that but, no!).
It’s not something you need to skip.
If you don’t use SPF you’re at risk of suffering some level of skin damage any time you’re exposed to natural light.
This type of sun damage is one of the leading causes of skin aging, as well as being a compounding factor in skin cancer in the longer term. For this reason, use an SPF or SPF moisturizer before leaving the house to ensure maximum protection.
6. Blemish Control is helpful
Go ahead and use a blemish control treatment for quick fix blemishes when you encounter them on the spot.
7. Beard Care for those with beards
If you have a beard, then beard care is skincare for you my friend.
Keeping your facial hair clean and hydrated with beard shampoo, beard balms and conditioners, and beard oil will help to keep your skin in better condition and your beard looking awesome!
There you have it, 7 Excellent Mens Face Care Routine That Works!
What’s your face care routine like?
What to read next? I’ve got you!
- Super Easy mens fashion smart casual Guide to a Smarter Look!
- 15 Easy Mens Fashion Casual Tricks For A Sharper Look!
- 6 Excellent Tips For Joggers Outfits Men Need To Try!
Sharing is Caring, Pin this for later!✌
See ya, Cosby!